2007 Annual Report:
- In July 2007, IPRE was granted the "Technical Innovation Award for Educational Impact" at the AAAI-07 Sixteenth Annual AAAI Mobile Robot Competition in Vancouver BC, Canada.
- Stewart Tansley's IPRE interview for Channel 8. Link
- Revenge of the Frosh-Seeking Robots.
Nick Schulz: pdf / original article,
- U.S. Colleges Retool Programming Classes.
Associated Press, Greg Bluestein: original article,
(Picked up in the Washington Post, Forbes, Business Week, MSNBC, Baltimore Sun, Chicago Tribune, The Times of India, Seattle Times, Seattle PI, Michigan Live, FOX News, Houston Chronicle, USA Today, Sydney Morning Herald, USA Today, The Age, Kiplinger News Service, Wyoming News, The State of South Carolina, Central Florida News, Centre Daily, Denver Post, San Luis Obispo Tribune, Macon Telegraph, Miami Herald, The Olympian, Ledger Enquirer, The Daily Press, International Business Times and CNN.com)
- Robots to the Rescue.
Women are vanishing from computer-science programs. Can the Scribbler lure them back? The Chronicle of Higher Education, Josh Fischman,
Section: Information Technology,
Volume 53, Issue 39, Page A29: original article, 6/1/07
- A Call to Robotic Arms.
Washington Post, Alan Sipress: pdf / original article,
May 3 2007
- Georgia Tech Rips Up Computer Science Curriculum, Replaces It With 'Threads'. Information Week, Marianne Kolbasuk McGee: pdf / original article,
- Article on Industry Week: pdf / original article , 02/01/2007.
- Coverage on ZDNet: pdf / original article, 01/31/2007.
- Article on Belleville News Democrat: pdf / original article, 01/31/2007.
- Microsoft press release: pdf / original article, 12 July 2006.
- Microsoft Q&A: pdf / original article, 12 July 2006.
- Atlanta Journal Constitution article (registration required), 12 July 2006.
- Red Herring article: pdf / original article, 12 July 2006.
- Doug Blank interviewed by Christie Jones for Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
Other announcements and activities:
- Instructor Workshop, June 2008
We're organizing a 3 day workshop for instructors, teachers and professors who would like to learn about and test-drive our CS-1 curriculum. Registration fee includes the cost for your own robot to take home with you.